Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Most Anticipated K-Drama on the Second Half of 2013



Hello everyone :D

It's been one month since I did not update this blog. Last month, I come up with several ideas, about my new blog, my plans of making this blog into a K-Pop blog, and posting every week about what is happening in the K-Pop and movie world. I already did the first plan eventhough I have not post anything there beside the introduction (I am going to write there two weeks from now as my mid term exam, so if you kind enough, pleasepleaseplease check that and comment on it because it means sooooo muuucch to me :")). For the second and third plan, it does not work unfortunately because I have been busy with many stuffs, so I cannot keep up with writing this blog every week. For the second plan, hmmmm.....I still have a lot to think about it, so from now on, just let it be~~~~

Anyway, today I am going to go back to K-Dramaland and my post will be about my most anticipated drama in second half of 2013. So far, the first half of 2013 has been great to me with I Miss YouFlower Boy Next Door, School 2013 (still finishing it), That Winter The Wind Blows, and its successor, All About My Romance. These great dramas left me curious and excited about what are the PD, Writer, Director, Actors, and Actresses are gonna bring for the second half of this year in K-Dramaland.

With April has just started, media already been busy spoiling the names which will be enliven the second year of 2013. There are various names from young to old, from newbie to veteran, and many more. On this post, I pick four dramas, which already captivated my heart from the first. Let's hope that it can captivated me and other viewers until the end :)




1. Heirs 

Yes guys, it's real!!! It's not coming from fanmade video or fanfic that you read everyday!! Apparently, both of Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye has just signed up for SBS new drama titled, Heirs, that will be aired on October. The story of this drama will be about elite college life, which will be focused on four male and four female. Sounds like A Gentlemen's Dignity meets Sex and the City in a college version, right? But, it has been revealed that the drama will be a mixed between 2009 KBS drama that bring Lee Min Ho on top, Boys Over Flowers, and American hit television series, Gossip Girl. Well, this is getting more and more interesting because Gossip Girl is my favorite television series and I love Lee Min Ho in Boys Over Flowers. Beside that, college life drama always makes me interested, especially the elite one. What I hope is that the story will be near to reality, have deep characterization for each character, not only for the leads.

For the writer, it would be Kim Eun Sook, the writer for A Gentlemen's Dignity and Secret Garden, which means that we do not have to worry too much about the story. I know it sounds too good to be true to have three good news in a row, but this is the truth. I only watch A Gentlemen's Dignity for one episode and I must say it's interesting. As for Secret Garden, need I say more? It's like everyone's favorite (and I have not watch it yet :()!! 

Anyway, the other six casts has not been revealed yet although CN Blue Jung Yonghwa has been rumored join the cast (no, please not him). I personally hope for Moon Chae Won since she is such a great actress and I think she can pull of the "rich and bitchy girl" vibe well (she does this on Brilliant Legacy, right? I have not watched it again :(). For the boys, I want to see Kim Young Kwang (he's hot, has good acting, and needs to shine) and............Lee Kwang Soo!!! Hahahahaha he can be a rich boy actually and we need someone who is funny :D

By looking at the above, it seems it would be easy for this drama to create huge success. But, is it really the truth? Well, we have to wait for October to see how well Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye's chemistry and how good the story line is!




2. Reply 1997 Sequel

tvN tries to repeat last year successful drama, Reply 1997, with its sequel this year!! There are no confirmed news about the story line and the casts since the crews are still busy on their planning stage. But, what has been confirmed is that it will be placed several years earlier than 1997. Rumors said that it will take place in 1994, but there is no further confirmation yet. Beside that, various rumors also float around about the main theme on its sequel. Many people said that they will leave Jung Eunji's last year obsession towards Tony Ahn and his friends in H.O.T, but instead, they will have the basketball theme. Still, the production crews deny it. 

Personally, I do not really care about the theme and story line on the sequel because the production team is still the same with the first season, so I have a trust in them that they will bring something as good as last year's. What makes Reply 1997 so well loved last year is because the story is simple, warm, near to reality, funny, and brave because I do not think there are many K-Dramas which will bravely bring a story about gay like this drama. And I am quite optimistic the sequel will bring something different this time, but it will stick to the basic points from the first season.

As for the casts, am I the only one who hope that it would be different from season 1? Because I think the season 1 casts are sooo memorable and their story is already finished. I am afraid that it will ruin their story and make it long if they insisted to use the same casts. Instead, I kinda want them to cast different people. My choice would be Lee Jong Suk because he is amazing in School 2013 although I doubt he will take another school project again in the near time. For the girl, I actually wish to see Lee Jong Suk reunited again with Park Se Young ;) Beside them, I want to see Park Bo Young and Lee Hyun Woo since they are adorable and what I heard is that they have good acting. And if they want to cast idol again, I am curious to see SISTAR Dasom and CN Blue Minhyuk because I have not watch them act. But, most importantly I want the production crew to make Reply 1997 into several season, which have different themes and casts, like Skins, although do not make it as explicit as Skins, since it would be interesting ;) 

Anyway, we still have long way to go to watch this drama because the crew just stated that it will airing most likely towards this end of this year. Let's hope that they can repeat last year's success because we know the sequel disease, it cannot pass its predecessor, and we certainly do not hope it will happen to this drama :)




3. Could We Love?

Our favorite young couple is back as the lead characters for SBS June drama, Could We Love?!! Although, hold on a second....it seems both of them are not confirmed it yet, but they would likely starring in this drama. This will be the new SBS drama following All About My Romance. Hell yeah, so far, SBS has the most interesting Wednesday-Thursday drama this year with That Winter The Wind Blows, All About My Romance and of course, Could We Love?.

Like what I already said earlier, there will be the main characters in this high school theme, which means that we will not see them in 4 or 5 episodes at the beginning of this drama. And also, we will not see teenagers being styled into an adult (ehm..Yoo Seung Ho in I Miss You). The story will be about Kim So Hyun's one sided love to Yeo Jin Goo, who is rebellious. Actually, it sounds soo cliche, but hey, I am pretty sure they will make it not as cheesy as possible. Beside that, Kim So Hyun and especially Yeo Jin Goo are very promising in terms of acting. 

This drama will be a collaboration between the PD and the writer of Dr. Champ and Scent Of Woman, which I have never watched it as always hahahahahaha. Based on my research about these dramas, apparently Scent of Woman is a melodrama. Uh oh....I do not want to see these two kids being separated or raped or beaten up again like in I Miss You. But, on the good note, it seems both of the drama above are promising. Well, hopefully, this one will be promising also. As for the casts, there are no further information about who will be accompanying these two adorable lovey dovey couple although maybe some of us wish we can see them reunite again with Kim Yoo Jung after The Moon That Embraces The Sun ;)

So, let's wait for about two months and final decision from both of Kim So Hyun and Yeo Jin Goo to be able to see them again on television!! Another hope would be, I wish this drama will be more into light, colorful, fun with little angsty and deep character development as teenagers because I know both of the main casts have soo much potential :)


4. Dating Agency : Cyrano

Lastly, we have a drama, which actually cannot be considered as the drama that appeared in the second half of 2013 since it will aired on May. But, because I already planned to write about this and I anticipated this drama really bad, I decided to keep writing about this. Beside continuing Reply 1997 success, tvN also continues its Oh Boy legacy with Dating Agency : Cyrano. For those of you who feel familiar with the title, yes it is a prequel from 2010 movie, Cyrano Agency with Uhm Tae Woong, Lee Min Jung, Choi Daniel, and Park Shin Hye as the casts. Since this drama is a prequel, it seems that it will provide the original story behind the dating agency, which means long before the movie and I do not think that it will have the same story line with the movie. I have not watched the movie yet (no surprise), but the dating agency theme seems really interesting and fun. Hopefully, it will be funny in a right way, not too overdramatic and absurd.

The director of this drama is the one who direct Happy Ending Or Die and one of the writers for Tamra The Island. Okay, actually, I do not really care about who will direct or write this eventhough I think they are expert in romantic-comedy genre based on what I research. As long as it's tvN drama and Oh Boy series, I am in!! So far, tvN rarely disappoint us in drama thingy, same goes for Oh Boy series (eventhough I only watched Shut Up Flower Boy Band and Flower Boy Next Door, but these two are enough to make me fall in love with).

Lee Jong Hyuk lead this drama as the leader of the dating agency. Wait...wait...the 38 years old Lee Jong Hyuk? Lee Junsu's dad? I thought we suppose to have flower boy on this drama. Well, actually yes, the 38 years old Lee Jong Hyuk, Lee Junsu's dad on Daddy, Where Are We Going?, newly popular variety show in South Korea, is the one who are we talking about. It seems that tvN tries different way this time with the lead male. But, don't worry for the flower boy fans, we have Hong Jong Hyun (OMG...I always get excited whenever White Christmas boys involved in new project!!!) and Jo Yoon Woo as the crews in the dating agency. Beside that, Lee Jong Hyuk will be accompanied by Lee Chun Hee as the lead male who happened to be a chef in a restaurant near the dating agency. Oh God, hearing these names already got me thinking that this drama would be funny!

For the female character, it seems that Girls' Generation Sooyoung will try her first attempt as the lead female actress in this drama. This is not Sooyoung's first drama and collaboration with tvN because last year, she is involved in The Third Hospital, but not as the lead female. Her first acting attempt is considered as surprisingly good by most people and dubbed as the best actress among Girls' Generation members (still, have not watch it yet), which honestly left me curious. Sooyoung will play Park Shin Hye's character in the movie, Gong Min Young, who is the member of the dating agency. Actually, I thought she is not the lead female character since Park Shin Hye's character is not the first lead in the movie. But, judging on the poster above (does that reminds you with Flower Boy Next Door poster?), it seems she is the main lead.

Well, so far, among all the list on the above, this drama has the most confirmed story, casts, writer, and PD since it will be airing soon and it makes my explanation about this drama a bit long. Anyway, cannot wait to watch it and let's hope that butthurt Sones, Girls' Generation fans, will not hold grudge towards Lee Jong Hyuk or Lee Chun Hee :p






That was my most anticipated K-Drama on the second half of 2013. Hopefully, it will exceed my expectations :) Is your most anticipated drama got on the list? Which one do you anticipated the most? Feel free to share your thoughts :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment