Friday, November 4, 2011

Brown Eyed Girls - Cleansing Cream

Since I am new with this Kpop stuffs, I am not really familiar with Brown Eyed Girls. I only new 2 of their songs like Abracadbra which had been parodied a lot and their new released song called Sixth Sense which have a super cool and fierce music video.


Then, I read an article that Brown Eyed Girls will released their new song called Cleansing Cream. At first, I was like "WTF with the title?" then I start to think that this will be a song for some skin care product commercials. But, I was wrong because this is actually their follow up track from their repackaged album. Follow up track is like the next track that the musicians promoted after their new song on the comeback stage if I am not mistaken. So, I was kinda curious about how it is look like since I know that Brown Eyed Girls will not come out with cheesy songs after I see Sixth Sense music video. Beside that, their concept photos for this track is pretty unique and different from Sixth Sense.




On November 3rd in South Korea's time, Brown Eyed Girls released the track and they continued to release the music video. I just watched it today and I really like the music video. Check out the music video here....


The music video is just really sad at the end. There are many interpretations about this music video. For me, I think this music video is about a girl who adore her sister's life and like her sister's husband. She starts getting closer to her sister's husband and then her sister's find out about that. At the end, her sister feels jealous and try to drown her into a bathtub. My interpretation is pretty simple, right ? But, I actually like to read other people interpretations, so feel free to comment it :) I actually hope that Brown Eyed Girls will give explanation about this music video just like what they did in Sixth Sense music video.

The lyrics itself is quite sad too. There is actually a connection between the lyrics and the music video especially at the beginning of the reffrain part. Cleansing cream itself is actually means that this girl keep cry and cry and cry until her tears mixed with cleansing cream on her face. I really like the melody and the vocal in this song because it actually give a soul to this song. Although, I did not know who sings what part (I am so sorry, but I only remembered Gain and Narsha from four of them), I still really can enjoy this song.

Overall, I think Cleansing Cream is such a beautiful, but sad song and you should have listen to it! But, still, I keep wondering why they use "Cleansing Cream" as the title. Although, it actually looks interesting and makes people want to hear it, but I still did not get it. Because of this song, I actually wants to listen more about Brown Eyed Girls' songs. I really looking forward into their ballad songs and hopefully, it is as good as Cleansing Cream :)
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment