Sunday, October 30, 2011

Girls' Generation - The Boys


I know it's been late, but I feel like I want to review this song ;)

After several teasers and photos, finally one of the most powerful group in South Korea, Girls' Generation (So Nyuh Shi Dae, SNSD), released their 3rd album called The Boys on October 18th (October 19th in South Korea's time). This album not only released in South Korea's, but also in U.S. They also released their music video of the first single in this album which also called The Boys. 
Check out the music video here..........


First of all, I may be the opposite of all the comments in internet. To me, the song is pretty catchy. Although, it's seems similiar to several songs like Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl, Britney Spears' song especially Circus, Lady Gaga's Telephone, and even the Korean version's intro is like SHINee's Lucifer intro, I still can not help to liking it. The beat is pretty catchy especially the reffrain and bridge part (Gosh..I freakin' love Yuri & Sooyoung's part in this song!!!). I actually prefer the English Version than Korean Version. Beside that, I can see the improvements of their vocals especially Yoona. But, actually, I kinda dissapointed the management choose Jessica to take the high notes because I think it's better if Taeyeon sings this part. I know maybe they choose Jessica because she had good English which makes it easier because they want to sell this album worldwide, but I'm pretty sure Taeyeon can reach it too. Because at live performances, Jessica seems can not reached or even lipsynched at this part and I think it's better if Taeyeon take it.



The music video itself is not really special, it's like a typical of SM. entertainment, Girls' Generation, Super Junior, SHINee, f (x), TVXQ's agency, music video where they use studio and close up every group members. I really don't like the part where there are so many roses. I only like the part where they dance in a studio (Btw, their dance looks cool and difficult just like what they did in Into The New World). Moreover, the outfit in this music video is not really that cool. I like Hyoyeon, Yoona, Yuri's style in this music video, but I wonder why they give Sooyoung an orange outfit like that? Them, why they did not wear their outfit that they wear in this week Music Bank or Inkigayo for their music video? It looks much better and cooler.



Overall, The Boys is a catchy song. It is the kind of song that you will hate at first and then, it will stuck on your head and soon, you will like it. I only don't like the music video, I mean they will released it in U.S, how come SM entertainment didn't make something better to it? But, still, Girls' Generation never really that dissapointed. So, don't forget to buy their album :) B-b-bring the boys out~~~






PS : I can not wait for Wonder Girls' comeback!!!! Their photos look promising :D
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment