Thursday, September 22, 2011

[MOVIE REVIEW] Catatan Akhir Sekolah (2005)





First, I am going to start this blog with giving a review about my all-time favorite movie, Catatan Akhir Sekolah. This movie is produced in 2005 and directed by Hanung Bramantyo. This movie casted by Ramon Y. Tungka, Vino G. Bastian, Marcel Chandrawinata, Joanna Alexandra, Christian Sugiono, and Joshua Pandelaki. I remembered I first watched this movie when I was in my first grade of junior high school. I did not have a chance to watch it in the cinema, so I buy the dvd. I watched this movie like about twenty times or even more and I still never get bored of this.

The story is about three boys which called as a loser in their high school, Agni (Ramon Y. Tungka), Arian (Vino G. Bastian), Alde (Marcel Chandrawinata). At the end of the high school year, to get a recognition from their friends, they decided to make a movie about their school life which called "Catatan Akhir Sekolah". Unfotunately, it does not easier as it seems. The school's principal (Joshua Pandelaki) disagree with this and try to cancelled the production. Even worse, three of them have their own problem. Agni with his ex-girlfriend, Alina (Joanna Alexandra) and her new boyfriend (Christian Sugiono), Arian with school's board-magazine member, and Alde with his band members. Are they going to make it ? Well, you should watch itu yourself ;p


 I think this movie is really great. The story is simple, funny, but memorable. The actors and actresses play well especially Ramon, Vino, Marcel and Joshua Pandelaki. Vino G. Bastian's role is quite memorable especially some of his dialogues is really funny. Joshua Pandelaki matched really well too with his role as the "corrupted principal". Although, some of the casts look really flat in a few scenes. The soundtracks are really good too especially "I Remember" and "On The Night Like This" by Mocca.


But, most importantly this movie is really good because it can describe high school's life very near reality. That is why many students feel really connected with this movie because of this. There is no hyperbolic school scenes like in Indonesian soap opera. Everything just feel so real. Until now, I think there is no Indonesian movies that can describe high school's life as accurately as this movie. I personally also think that this is one of Hanung Bramantyo's best movies. 


Last but not least, I highly recommend you, guys to watch this movie. One of the best Indonesian movies of all time, Catatan Akhir Sekolah !!!!


Memorable Scene(s) : The Super Cool Opening Scene

Rate : 4/5
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment