Thursday, July 5, 2018

[MUSIC VIDEO REVIEW] Apink - I'm So Sick (2018)


Apink is finally back! On Monday, July 2nd 2018, the girls released their new album called One & Six. This album has I’m So Sick as its title track.

I’m So Sick marked an image change for Apink. They let go the sweet and innocent image after seven years. They decide to showcase more mature as well as sexier side of them.

Apink does not play around for I’m So Sick. The girls go as far as hiring new choreographer and music video director to complete their image transformation. How is the result? Check out my review for I’m So Sick below…………


I’m So Sick showcases perfect blend between different sides of Apink. The domination of electronic dance genre portrays sophisticated feeling. This accompanied by strong beat to give more kick for the song.

But at the same time, I’m So Sick’s chord progression still echoes their previous songs. The keyboard and synthesizer sound delivers sweet melody. While its refrain part relies a catchy hook. The whole arrangement is sleek and definitely the strongest part of I’m So Sick.

However, Apink finds difficulties in its transition. Naeun and Chorong’s opening line does not flow well with Namjoo’s verse. It changes abruptly with several empty spaces. Beside that, the song dynamic is quite repetitive. There is no significant change throughout all.



The different side of Apink also represents in I’m So Sick music video. It looks more stylish because of fancy camera work and lighting. This camera work then allows I’m So Sick choreography to take center stage. The color palette is gorgeous too through the usage of red and blue tone.

As for the styling, Apink goes for mature image in I’m So Sick. The girls are wandering around alone with dress and blouses. This fits the song theme about their confusion when former lover contacts them again.

The styling is on point for each girl. It presents the right amount of elegance and sexiness without throwing off Apink usual sweet image. Namjoo shines the most while some members still need to work on their facial expression.



Apink successfully nailed their transformation with I’m So Sick. It portrays new mature side of them while also maintains their signature style. I like how the girls decide to change their concept slowly. It looks natural yet more age appropriate. Looking forward for Apink next image transformation in future release!



Rating:                        4/5 
Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment