Monday, May 13, 2013

[MUSIC REVIEW] 2PM - All Day I Think Of You (2013)


After releasing their third album, Grown, along with the music video of their first title track, Comeback When You Hear This Song (you can check the review here), 2PM is finally releasing their main title track, All Day I Think Of You. Like I mentioned on my previous post, JYP Entertainment choose a little bit different way this time by releasing the whole album first on May 6th, 2013 digitally and releasing the main title track later along with the physical album. So, here it is the music video for All Day I Think Of You and hopefully, it fulfilled our longing for Jun K., TaecyeonNichkhun, Junho, Wooyoung, and Chansung after two years absence :")


Wow...okay...could I get some water please? Because it's getting hot in here hahahahahahaha. Anyway, after begging their girlfriend to comeback to them in Comeback When You Hear This Song, 2PM is finally be able to fall in love crazily again with a girl through this song. This time, they also tried something different in terms of how the song flows, which I kinda like it. The song started with Junho sang the refrain part, followed by Taecyeon and Chansung rapping parts. It's very rare to say this, but their rapping parts were actually pretty good, in terms of it's not made me cringe. Then, Jun K. and Wooyoung sang the next singing part, which is my favorite part from this song since it's smooth and pleasant listening. Although there are some parts where they sounds like they sang it too fast during this part, which sounded little bit weird.

Junho sang the first refrain part again and followed by......................Nichkhun!!! This is surprising because Jun K. mostly sang the refrain part beside Junho. We all know the refrain part hold a crucial part in a song, that is why mostly the main and lead vocalist in a group is the one who sing this part to leave a strong impression. We also know how Nichkhun considered as one of the weakest vocalist in 2PM and he often assigned to do the rap part. That is why it is a surprise for us to see him nailed the refrain part although I prefer his voice on Comeback When You Hear This Song. And beside that, am I the only one who think that JYP Entertainment choice to make him one of the center in this comeback, beside Junho, is to make up for his DUI scandal last year

The minus point for this song would be second refrain part where Junho and Nichkhun sang in falsetto. No, it's not that their voices are bad, it's good (although some people said that Nichkhun is bad at this part). But, somehow, it screamed awkward. I mean I don't get why they have to sing this part in falsetto. Maybe they doing this to make it different from the first part, but instead of doing this, why don't try to do an improvisation or choose different member for sing it to make it different? But, let's take it to the positive part since this part is the most memorable part throughout the song.


For the concept, 2PM now did what their best at, being sexy. This explained why all of them look smokin' hot with this concept, especially our youngest member, Chansung. Eventhough I have to admit I like their "sexy, but not trashy" concept and they nailed it, I actually wish that they stop going for this kind of sexy concept. Why? It's because it will open the way for people for hating on them. I am seriously getting annoyed by the way they harshly said that 2PM are talentless or only selling their body eventhough we all know how these men (they are no longer boys now :")) are more than that. People tend to stereotype 2PM in a bad way because their sexy concept, along with scandals, often covered their achievements and improvements. I just hope that people stop being harsh on them, and on other groups (Yes, I am looking at how people judge SISTAR too) because of this :( But, it's forgivable this time because I think this is a part of reminding people about what 2PM is (sexy and manly) after their two years absence.


Finally, for the music video, well it's really really hot as expected from 2PM hahahahahahaha. I was speechless the first time I watched it!!! Anyway, on the music video, 2PM is having a sexy time with a girl, the same girl actually for five of them (Poor Wooyoung who does not have a scene with the girl, but (fortunately for some people) we got him shirtless instead). What I mean by sexy time is involving kissing and touching the girl, who pretty much resembled BoA. For the story itself, I do not really get it, but based on my interpretation, it seems that the girl is very manipulative just like a snake (refers to her tattoo which being showed on repeat at the end of this music video) since she dated all of the 2PM members. But, honestly, I did not think people, or fangirls, still care about the music video meaning since they already distracted by soooo many fanservices scenes :p

Anyway, I really like the black and white theme for the whole music video. It looked classy and makes the music video sexier ;) I also love how this music video unleashed Jun K. inner sexiness since he is the only one member who did not really like to show it. And I also like how this music video showed us how much Wooyoung resembled his boss, JYP :p
The minus point from this music video would be the dance scene. The studio looks very similar with what being used on Wonder Girls - Be My Baby music video, which lower the interesting and different point from this music video. Beside that, their make up and some of their outfits in this scene are weird. I mean puhleasee, we are soooo over with metallic make up like in their previous title track, I'll Be Back, so don't try to bring it back again, dear JYP Entertainment. They already looking handsome and sexy without it. And also who the hell suggested Nichkhun to wear a police hat?? That also looks weird eventhough he still looks hot wearing it.

I also not a fan of the choreography. The choreography during Jun K. and Wooyoung parts look nice, but for the refrain part, it looks awkward. Still I give credit to them because they tried to use chair property for the choreography although it's actually not a new thing for them (They already did this in Beautiful).


Truthfully, All Day I Think Of You did not exceed my expectations. The song is actually very smooth, nice, and I like how they tried to do different thing through this song. But, I actually expect something more from them, something grand and strong like Heartbeat or Don't Stop Can't Stop. Then again, I began to think that it's the right choice for them on choosing this mid-tempo and R&B song because as the main title track and the opening song from this album, it sets the atmosphere and sticks to the theme of this album. I mean it will sounds weird if they go for strong song since the rest of the album is not like that.

For the music video, I like the black and white theme because it's classy and sexy. The minus point would be the dance scene. And also, I strongly believe that the choreography will grow on me. Overall, it's nice to see 2PM tried something different and mature without losing the group identity as the sexy and manly boy group. Best of luck for six of them on their comeback stage starting from Thursday :)


Rating                                                       : 3.5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment