Saturday, December 17, 2016

[MUSIC VIDEO REVIEW] A Pink - Cause You're My Star (2016)


Christmas and New Year are coming! Yes everyone, we already in the last month of 2016. Have you guys make any plan to celebrate those two special days? I don’t celebrate Christmas, so I don’t have any special tradition on that day. While for New Year, hmmm...I’m still not sure J

On this festive season, our beloved K-Pop idols will prepare special gift too. Some of them geared up for another comeback that fits the festive season.  This included A Pink. On December 15th 2016, A Pink released their second Korean album this year called Dear. This is A Pink special album for fans, so they decided not to promote it on music show and go straight for a concert.

For Dear album, A Pink chose Cause You’re My Star as its title track. It’s their first winter theme song, so I’m curious to see how it turned out. Do you guys feel the same? Well then, let’s just find out what kind of song Cause You’re Like My Star is below……………………………


A Pink decided to get back on their roots with Cause You’re My Star. This was a usual catchy pop song with addictive hook and beat. The combination of guitar, synth, and drum provided fun vibe. While the vocal arrangement sounded more delicate, which was a mark for A Pink shift into mature territory. Sure for festive season, Cause You’re My Star fitted the bill.

However if you looked more than that, Cause You’re My Star failed to give something special. A Pink seemed to lose their magic because their signature 90s sound and strong beat clearly absent in Cause You’re Like My Star. This song sounded just like another K-Pop song from different girl groups. It was repetitive.



Despite the track lack of identity, Cause You’re My Star music video tried their best to make it up. It’s full of A Pink cute and youthful charm from the tone, styling to storyline. Each scene looked colorful because of red and blue color domination. A Pink styling also helped the music video colorful effect. The girls showed their adorable side with preppy fashion and bright makeup.

The cuteness music video then wrapped up by its simple storyline. Cause You’re My Star music video showed how A Pink prepared for their Christmas party. They decorated the house with Christmas tree, put on new clothes, and held a sleepover. They played around in their house and had a lot of fun. Their activities looked enjoyable while also relatable. It really represented the joyful celebration of Christmas.



Cause You’re My Star was a fun track for festive season with addition of cute music video. But, it did not go beyond that. A Pink seemed to have tough luck this year because both of their title tracks didn’t able to replicate their past hits. That’s okay because everybody got a slump! I’m sure A Pink could revived themselves since they still have solid fan base and each member had a lot of potential. Better luck next time girls!




Rating: 2.75/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment